The kinds of personal information we collect
We collect and hold personal information about customers, franchisees, job applicants, contractors and other people who come into contact with us (you).
The kinds of personal information we collect may include your name, address and other contact details, which of our products you have purchased, credit and debit card details, details relating to your vehicle and maintenance (including registration numbers) and information obtained when you use our website, including which of our pages you have accessed. Depending on your dealings with us, we may also collect other types of personal information. For example if you are a job applicant we may collect information relating to your work history, qualifications, health and police checks. We will assume that you have consented to us collecting all information which is provided to us by you for use in accordance with this policy, unless you tell us otherwise at the time you provide it to us.
If we provide you (or an entity related to you) with credit, we may also collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information about you.
Collection of personal information.
We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances:
- when you provide us with your details ‘in-store’ at any Bridgestone or related companies’ store;
- when you provide your details and other information via this web site, including as part of registration or through the completion of a form or other documents submitted to us;
- as you navigate through this web site, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without your active participation) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection. Information collected may include server addresses, top-level domain names, dates and times of visits to the web site, pages accessed and documents downloaded, previous web sites visited and the type of browser used; and
- if you contact us, or we contact you, or through meetings with us, in which case we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect personal information about you from other tyre and service centres, our franchisees, our service providers, publicly available sources or credit reporting bodies (CRBs) if we provide you (or an entity related to you with credit).
If you provide us with personal information about a third party, in doing so you will be representing to us that you have that person's consent for us to collect and handle their personal information in accordance with this policy – and we will be collecting the information on that basis.
Failure to provide personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will generally use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, which include the following purposes and as otherwise required or permitted by law:
- to provide you with the best possible service in supplying you with tyres and other products and inspecting, servicing and maintaining your vehicle;
- to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we have available from time to time;
- to improve the content of our web site and to customise our web site to your preferences;
- to assist in providing services to you; and
- if you are a job-applicant or a potential contractor, to assess your suitability and (if successful) engage you and to assist with administering your employment or contract;
- if we are providing you (or an entity related to you) with credit, to assess your creditworthiness (or the creditworthiness of your related entity which is receiving the credit);
- for the purpose of managing our network of Bridgestone franchisees;
- for our internal management purposes, to manage our relationship with you and to manage the payment and recovery of amounts payable to us by you; and
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities.
If we are unable to collect personal information relating to you, we may be unable to provide you with the goods or services you require or continue our relationship with you.
We may disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you to the following types of entities if required in connection with the purposes listed above:
- other members of the Bridgestone group of companies
- our franchisee(s);
- other tyre and service centres;
- our contractors, consultants, advisers, associates and related entities;
- any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint made by you about us;
- if we are providing you (or an entity related to you) with credit, CRBs, trade insurers and businesses assisting us with providing credit;
- if you have provided us with referees to assist with a credit application, a job application or the assessment of a potential contract between you and us, the referees you have provided;
- other entities with your consent; or
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
In the event we are considering selling our business or any part of our operations or assets, then we may disclose personal information to a purchaser (or potential purchaser) in connection with that process or sale.
We may also disclose the kinds of personal information mentioned above to overseas recipients such as our parent company or our affiliates/related entities located in Japan, Singapore or Australia, and to our service providers and contractors located in these jurisdictions and others including the European Union, where permitted by the applicable privacy laws. By providing us with your personal information, you authorise to such uses and disclosures.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services that we have available. If you would not like to receive direct marketing materials from us you may notify us using the contact details set out below or following the 'opt-out' method in each communication.
Right to access and correct personal information
You are entitled to access, request or correct the personal information we hold about you at any time by using the contact details set out below. To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date, please notify our Privacy Manager of any changes to your personal details as soon as possible.
How to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy rights
If you are of the view we have breached the IPPs, the Privacy Act, or any related privacy code in dealing with your personal information, you may make a complaint in writing to us using the contact details set out below. We will acknowledge receipt of your compliant at the time and advise how long we require to investigate and provide you with a response. We will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible.
Please direct all complaints and queries in relation to your privacy to:
Privacy Manager Level 1, Building A
The Millennium Centre
602 Great South Road
Ellerslie, Auckland 1051
Or by email here
The Bridgestone group of companies consists of:
- Bridgestone Australia Ltd. (ACN 007 516 841);
- Bridgestone New Zealand Limited (NZ Company Number 74645);
- Bandag Manufacturing Pty. Limited (ACN 000 520 687);
- Blackstone Properties Pty. Ltd. (ACN 008 568 858);
- Lube Mobile Pty Ltd (ACN 084 701 879);
- Quality Tyre Sales Pty. Ltd. (ACN 008 678 377);
- Iris Concepts IP Pty Ltd (ACN 633 192 364)
- Redstone Properties Pty. Ltd. (ACN 008 585 706);
- Whitestone Properties Pty. Ltd. (ACN 007 955 142); and
- Tony's Tyre Service Limited (NZ Company Number 2092678)